Oh yea, for those of you that do not know, I am currently teaching the Web Development Immersive at General Assembly. It is a twelve week course that turns a group of student from a diverse none technical background into full stack developers.
Getting back on topic. Here is an app that my student, Jennifer Yien, built. It is a movie search app that utilizes the OMDB API. Below is a screenshot, but I would recommend checking it out live at SaturnAPI.com/jenniferyien/moviesearch.
- accelerates learning by letting students focus purely on the framework and not configuration issues
- gives student hands-on learning that compliments concepts introduced in class
- serves as class notes that students could reference later
- centralizes content and communication which makes it easier for instructors to provide students with feedback on code
- could be used for homework submission which simplifies grading
- provides instructor with a high level overview on the students' progress
It has been a very useful tool for me and I definitely recommend both instructors and students check out SaturnAPI.com.